Illustration for St John's Hospice 'The Modern Apothecary Garden', 2016. Botanical Mural at the RHS Wisley Gardens, in the Glasshouse Cafe, 2016.
Hannah is printmaker and illustrator who specialises in botanical screenprints which she exhibits all over the UK. Hannah is passionate about screenprinting and regularly demonstrates and teaches courses around the country. She has been producing botanical illustrations for books, magazines and packaging for the past ten years and is nationally known for the work that she has produced for Gardens Illustrated magazine and Johnsons seeds.
Designer Garden Collection: A wonderful collaboration with Johnsons seeds, Hannah selected the plants, designed the planting plan and produced the illustration. "You can now grow one of my illustrations!"
Jekka's Herb Cookbook
"The book evokes spring from cover to cover with illustrations by Hannah McVicar, that suggest William Morris patterns"
New York Times (2011)
Limited Edition Screenprint
Commissions for 2017
- Horticultural illustrations for BBC 2's Big Dream's Small Spaces, Friday evenings at 7pm with Monty Dom. January 2017.
Exhibitions for 2017
- February 24th & 25th - RHS Botanical Art Show, London, I will be demonstrating screenprinting LIVE
- May 11th to 14th - RHS Malvern Spring Festival in the Victorian Arts & Craft Arcade
- June 2nd to 4th - West Dean Arts & Craft Fair
Workshops for 2017
- October 10th & 11th - RHS Wisley Gardens - Screenprinting: Autumn Foliage